Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 14 - Electrifying...Literally




What a great day! Left early and hit the road by 8am. Met a couple of bikers in the early morning at the mini mart before jumping onto a freshly paved highway. It never ceases to amaze me how the road surface can gravely effect the day's success. Stopped in Redmond to ensure my tires were alright, then on through Prineville. I think the two guys there were stoned. They had serious problems trying to read the gauge. My front tire needed some air, so I am glad I stopped. Liam and I had lunch roadside underneath some electrical towers. We could actually hear them crackling. It was wild. Got a bit frustrated when the maps were confusing so I opted to take an alternate route which shaved 5 miles off the day. The scenery was picturesque! Ended up staying in Ochoco Reservoir/Lake campground for the night. It was very nice and Liam enjoyed a dip in the water before heading to the sack for an early night.

No comments: